Sidney's Picks: Trump Vows to Starve Post Office to Win Election
Quinn Dombroski, Creative Commons.
The Best of the Week’s News:
- Donald Trump announced that he would veto aid to the U.S. Post Office so that we “can’t have universal mail-in voting.” (Vox, WaPo)
- With mail slowing nationwide, the U.S. Postal Service is removing mail sorting machines from facilities around the country without explanation. (ABC7, Vice)
- The USPS says it’s unlikely that it will be able to process mail-in ballots in the critical swing state of Pennsylvania by Election Day. (NBC)
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a major Trump donor with no prior postal experience, is invested in competitors to the Post Office. (Verge, CNN)
- Cherry crush: Undocumented workers struggle to pick 24 billion cherries in 8 weeks (NYT)